Monday, February 8, 2010

Goals and Excuses!

I just love that Kari had this as our challenge for the week! I was soooooo in need to do it, and this was the push I needed! What are my goals for this challenge?
1. I will get to my goal weight of 140lbs! That means I have 35 to lose, with 4 months to lose it...that's an average of 10 per month...which is totally doable by the way!
2. I will complete the 30 day shred during this month!
3. I will run a 5k with Spitz and Spukster before this challenge is done!
4. I will get control of my eating choices, and portions, and not let food control me any more.
5. I will complete the couch to 5k...starting in 2 weeks when I have Mondays and Fridays off!
6. I will keep positive and focused during the entire journey!
7. I WILL FOCUS!!!!

Wow...that was the easy part! Now I have to dig deep and discover why I've tried so many times before but failed! What are my excuses...the things that have kept me from fulfilling my goals! As I write down my excuses...I am taking ownership of them as being excuses of the PAST, and pushing through to a new, bright, future...WITH NO EXCUSES!

1. I can't be the only one not drinking at this party!
2. Christmas holidays only come once a year...I can cheat just this season!
3. I'm not a restaurant...I can't cook 2 different meals each night!
4. I'm too busy to exercise!
5. I need my sleep too...and I"m just too tired!
6. I've been good for a week now...I deserve to have Burger King to reward myself for my efforts!
7. What difference will one bite make?
8. I can't do everything in one day!!!

Well....there you have it! That's my list of excuses...and now that I'm typing them and saying them out loud...I realize just what "BUNK" they really are! I should be putting myself first! Making myself a priority! Who cares what other people are doing...I choose health! If I plan ahead of times...healthy meals can be quick and easy! I CHOOSE HEALTH!!!!! No more pisssin around...it's time to get serious, take control, and let everyone know how serious I am!!!! Those who love me and are truly my friends will understand and cheer me on....those who ridicule and try to sway me will have to sit in the backburner of my life right now....cuz I AM IMPORTANT...and I choose me!!!

Thanks Kari...that was quite therapeutic!!!!!! Watch out...February I'm gonna be focused!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is great. When you feel like you feel your resolve slipping, you can now go back and read this and get readjusted. Awesome goals, fabulous soul searching. I have total confidence in you. Be true to YOU baby!~ xo

    ReplyDelete