Thursday, February 18, 2010

11 Days Clean!!!

Woohoo!!! I passed another HUGE hurdle! Our office is working with half the staff this week (the other half are on holidays), so being that things were quiet, we decided to go to Harveys for lunch (something we haven't done for AGES). As soon as it was suggested I immediately wanted to bail on the idea...but they wouldn't let me! So...I decided ahead of time to eat a quarter white chicken meal with water and a side salad!! Well...when I walked in and smelled the aroma...ahhhhh....I was in heaven! I felt myself making up excuses as to why I've EARNED the cheat of a wrap and onion rings and fries with gravy! I had this inner battle inside my head the entire time I stood in line! It was actually quite commical. If anyone else heard the "voices inside my head" they would have committed me right then and there! Then it was my turn to order...."grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing...with a water please". I did it! I didn't even have the other meal, cuz I know how fattening the dipping sauce, the chicken skin, and that EVIL bun is...so I went 100% clean!!!! I was so proud of myself! While we were eating I had to look out the window, cuz watching them eat their bacon cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings, and pop would have been too unbearable! But I proved to myself that I CAN DO IT!!! I chalk this one up as another MAJOR success for moi!!! Haven't lost any weight this week though...guess that tells me that I GOTTA START THE WORK OUTS!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. WTG!!! Eventually that other stuff doesn't look so great anymore! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO PROUD OF YOU! That, my sweet Pitz IS a major success! Being able to do that, to order what you know is better for you and eat it in the presence of the 'other' stuff, is HUGE. Eventually, you won't even mind that they're eating their food, because you'll feel soooo good, and you'll loook sooo goood that that trumps any momentary enjoyment you could possibly have eating that stuff. And you won't even miss it. Truly. Very impressive, Missy! Yay for you! And btw, thanks for the push to get on my blog. I was stalking,...but stalking isn't proactive, is it?! LOL
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!!! So awesome! You're inspiring me to keep going thanks for all your words of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!!!! You are amazing! I agree once you are off it for a while...it might smell good but once you eat it it's all greasy and coats your mouth *yuck* if you have it a second time that's when you get sucked back in. But I still say don't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTG!!!! Just reading your post has inspired me to be better! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is SOOOOO awesome! good for you! you should be so proud right now. I know the temptation of eating out and that smell of yummy junk in the air. you are doing so well you should be proud as punch! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go. That is awesome. Salads at fast food resturant are usually very good. I love the thai grilled chicken from McCrappies. It hard not to sneak on french fry, cograts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good job! that is tough to watch others eating that nasty stuff, especially cuz the smells are so strong! most days I've been able to handle it, as I've been on menu for so long... but yesterday, when I was having my pasta and chicken for lunch... couple girls came in with hot fresh pizza and sat down next to me... I actually had to get up and leave the breakroom! almost made it out before the smell hit me, but it was too late... that one was rough! but i walked away, and was happy to do so!

    ReplyDelete