Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 4 100% clean eating!!!

Holy crap!!! Sorry for being so blunt...but I stood on the scale this morning...and in just 3 short days of PERFECT eating...I've lost 4lbs!!! That's almost what I lost all month for January doing exercising! I am absolutely blown away! Just imagine how I'm gonna melt away in 1 more week when I add the exercise into the picture! I'm gitty just thinking about it! Why didn't I start this earlier?

If anyone has any good quick and easy recipes...and portion tips...please send them along...as I really don't have many!!! The quick and easy meals in my household consists of chicken wings, chicken strips, chicken nuggets, french fries....you get the picture! That's ok for my boys and hubby (cuz they've said they refuse to give that up...for now...muahhhh...evil laugh), but I have to completely stay away from it! So I need to healthy quick choices I can "whip" up in 10-15 minutes!!!

Only 4 days in...but I feel INCREDIBLE!!!!! Food really does play a HUGE role on how we feel throughout the day!!! Yippy...finally had my "a-ha" moment...and now I'm gonnna run with it!!

8 comments:

  1. Guess I'm really going to have to kick it in the rear to win this month.....Way to go! It's nice to see quick results to push you even harder forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at my blog I posted a recipe for a Turkey Taco Salad that doesn't take long at all and is supper yummy! My Husband helped me create it and we love it enough to have it once a week. It also helps you get your veggies in and low on carbs!

    And good job... eating smart is my biggest hurtle and I really need to get back to every meal being planned out a head of time so I'm not tempted to just eat what ever. You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! Seee...eating clean, eating healthy is the most important thing. You can undo all your exercise work by eating crappy. But eating clean...it cleans your body too. Hey, do you have a George Forman Grill? If not, they're not too expensive. We make lean pork chops/steak/chicken breast/home made hamburgers on it in like 7 minutes TOPS. Add to it brown rice, and a salad (which you make up in a big bowl and keep in the fridge) and voila, quick, easy meals that are healthy! You rock...and I'm soooo happy you found that A-ha moment because only YOU can find it for yourself. Until someone experiences it for themselves, it's just another thing people say. YAY FOR YOU. Congratulations on the 4 pounds! WOOHOO *doing a happy dance for you* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do steaks and things taste good on the George Foreman? Like barbequed? Ya...I'm happy to have finally discovered it? What took me so long eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. They taste good...not as good as a BBQ, but if you really want good healthy food, a steak tastes good enough. Pork Chops taste good on the grill. Obviously, when spring hits, then the BBQ will be your one stop steak shop...LOL. but for now, we use it all the time. We even do bacon on it when we feel like a change, and I will eat a slice or two on my rice toast with tomato. Trust me, it's a good alternative way to cook...cook up potatoes or rice, make lots, make a big salad, and it'll feed you for a few days. Easy Peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my forman grill! I use it all the time. I love seeing it press out the fat!
    And it is sooooo super fast! It's a pain to clean though

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said potatoes and rice? I've been trying not to eat anything "white"! Potatoes, pasta, bread, you know! And NO DAIRY!!! Cheese,etc...is that too strict?

    ReplyDelete
  8. For reciepes go to www.sparkrecipes.com and do a search for 'eat clean'. You will come up with a tonne. Good luck and keep of the fantastic work

    ReplyDelete