Sunday, February 14, 2010

7 Days Clean...6lbs lost!!!

Wow...this week I've eaten 100% clean and proper portions (that's key)! I'm shocked at the weight loss! 6 whole pounds! I'm soooooo excited! I've gotten myself out of the 70's...never to return again! At this rate...my goal is to be out of the 60's before my 40th Birthday! I turn 40 on March 8th...not that I'm stressed about my age at all, because I REALLY don't feel what I though 40 would be, but I just want to be very close to my goal! Originally, the goal was to be 140lbs by 40...but when I fell WAY off the wagon for 7-8 weeks over the holidays, and gained 14lbs during that time...I kinda blew that outa the water! I strongly believe in goal setting, but if you put your goals too high, where they are unrealistically unattainable, then you set yourself up for failure, and failure breeds a quitting mindset! Soooo, I've revamped my goals, readjusted my sails, and setting out to reach my new goals! I've completed one already...with a perfect week of eating (not sure I've ever done it for one whole week...usually award myself with "cheats" one day of the week). So now, this coming week, I need to keep up the streak, and add in there working out a minimum of 30 minutes EVERY day too!!! By doing that for the next 3 weeks, I should definately be down to 155lbs or less...that's the goal!!! Totally achievable too I think!!! That will leave me with 5 or 6 weeks left to lose the last 15lbs before I go away to the Dominican...where I promise to watch what I eat/drink, and get some exercise in daily so I don't gain soooo much weight! I've set myself a 5lb limit to gain while I'm gone...cuz I know I can lose that quickly when I get back!!!

3 comments:

  1. I loved your post! Way to go and keep it up! For some reason today I needed to read your blog. Thanks for sharing your joy and your plan. I so happy that you were able to control portions,something I need to work on desperately. How did you do it? Good job and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 lbs gone baby!!! that's the way to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love eating clean.. isn't it insane that it works? Can't wait to see what your tally is at the end of the month. I admit that I love when people do well without exercise. I KNOW that it's so important... but I think it becomes an excuse to eat badly. Congrats on 6 lbs already... keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete