Thursday, March 11, 2010

I QUIT!!!!!!!....

I've suffered long enough...for years upon years now...and it's time for me to give it up and quit! Don't worry...I don't mean that I quit with our competition, or with trying to make this lifestyle change! I don't want to sound like a broken record...which I know I do...but I quit with the self-destructive ways that I've become good at! I've been doing sooooo good...I've lost 40 lbs so far over the past year...and I can actually see me reaching my 140lb goal finally! So what do I do? I sabbotage myself! Why? I don't know! I don't know how to explain it, and I don't know the answers as to why...but every time I get close...I revert back to my old ways and gain the weight back! I so desperately don't want that to happen again! I've already gained back the 4lbs I lost last month...and even 2 that I lost the month before! I don't know what to do! I can't get my head out of the "funk" that I'm in! My trip is only 5 weeks away...and I soooooo desperately want to look and feel good! I know I can't be 140lbs...but I'd seriously settle for 155lbs...that means I have to lose 20lbs in the next 5 weeks! Is that even possible? I've just gotta get a grip before I gain back the entire 40lbs I've lost! I can't let that happen! So sorry for being all negative, but I was hoping that if I blog about it...I'll miraculously "see the light", and switch it back into gear!

So....here it is...I start fresh tomorrow...forgive myself for my HUGE slip-ups lately...and get my life back into gear! On EVERY level! I"m 40 now...so it's time to start acting it right! I CAN DO THIS!!!!

6 comments:

  1. You can do it, but you dont need to wait til tomorrow to start over fresh, you can start over fresh right this minute! pick yourself up and dust yourself off, thats the only way I can think of to not slip back is to keep picking yourself up every time you fall, and the sooner the better! you've got lots of people cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scared me with that title! Phew! Okay, first off, are you doing the Mental Secrets CD at night still? If not I'd get doing that again. I've let mine slip. I think you need to first off, like Jon says, love yourself now. You need to ask yourself the question "could I live like this forever and be happy at this weight?" Once you begin to love yourself now and be ok with the weight you are (and you are gorgeous my dear) Then you can concentrate on breaking that mental block you have, and your heart and your head will be free to actually enjoy the journey once again. I think we both have fallen off the 'Jon Gabriel' mental frame of mind and stopped loving the journey. Time to get back to basics my dear. Focus on doing what's best for your body, health, mind, soul, spirit. You deserve that. You deserve to be happy, and you deserve to be the best YOU you can. You can SO TOTALLY do this. Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa is so right!!! You are B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! Whether you see it or not. You are gorgeous on the outside and you have inner beauty as well!!!! Time to look in the mirror and complement yourself instead of looking for what to improve upon. Love you for you (oh if we could only take our own advice eh gals)!!!

    Here's the deal!!!! Tomorrow is Friday and I expect to see a text telling me you've worked out. Then I expect to see a list of what you've eaten tomorrow sometime...including any indulgences you decide to have. No lying...you are only lying to yourself then...it's not going to hurt me if you say you had a treat...but I want you to say this to yourself before you eat anything tomorrow. Each time you reach for something I want you to say "do I NEED this", "How will this get me closer to my goal" if the answers are "no" or "it won't" put it down find another option...there's always another option...whether we have to go to a grocery store for our lunch or just simply take 2 minutes to make it.

    Use your strengths (or the force however you want to look at it)!! You're a list maker...tonight before bed make your list of things to do tomorrow and you food as well. That way you are prepared mentally for the day ahead of you.

    Text me tomorrow and let me know how you did.

    You've got this!!! You can lose 20lbs but it's going to take some serious focus and going for your morning runs again!!!

    Amigo #3 out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kick ass. Keep kicking ass. Don't stop. Don't reward yourself (just this once) with a delicious morsal. You have had enough of tasting good things, now its time you look great.

    Read any book about drug addiction and be shocked and scared. It is amazing how the thought process is the same. Bad thing, you can live without drugs, you can't live without food.

    You can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news, you know how to make good choices. Good news, you can be successful. Good news, goals can be reevaluated, re-planned, regrouped, and ultimately achieved. Yesterday is done, today is for doing, tomorrow is a promise that always forgives. Live in the now!

    I'm going to give you the quote I have on my blog because it really helps me to read it every few days: “Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” Get started now. We can always only start from where we are and love each step of the journey.

    I love you, and I don't even know you: ergo, you MUST be awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete