Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Beginnings!

Wowsers...did I ever have an amazing long weekend! I had friends and family galore! I got the poool set up, the gardens all planted and weeded, and my yards (front and back), looking like heaven on earth! It sure was a lot of work...but I enjoyed it all! The sun was incredible...and I got quite the tan too! I must be honest though...my diet was terrible...and I drank 2 28 packs of Coors light all to myself! So you can just imagine what the scales did....up, up, up they went! I weighede in at 187.6 this morning! CRAP!!!! That's a whole lot I've gone up in the last two weeks! I know I've used my back as an excuse...but it really isn't an excuse to eat and drink like a piggy!

Enough of that! Today starts a new beginning! And it doesn't matter how many times I've said that before, cuz one of these times it'll stick! I'm not a failure until I quit trying right?! So I got up early and went for a 45 minute power walk with my hubby, my next door neighbour, and my puppy! We've all decided to take a flat route until I feel ok, cuz my back is still kinda "twingy". My hubby and neighbour both suffer from bad knees too...so they welcomed the idea of taking it easy at first! This will be an easy week cuz yesterday was a holiday (and I took full advantage of it because it was my last day), and I'm not getting up at 4:30 EVER again...so until the end of June I don't do my walk on Wednesday and Thursday because I am at the dental office!

My plan for food is simple actually! I start the day off with only fruit...I can have whatever fruit I want...but only fruit til noon! I've even given up coffee for the most part! I think I will give myself the luxury of a coffee on Saturdays and Sundays! I think moderation will be the key for me! When I take something away completely...I crave it even more than if I don't! I'm trying to keep my portions down to the size of a saucer...not a big plate! Salad is vital EVERY day...whether it's for lunch, supper, or maybe both! I can have it with tuna, chicken....or just with whatever meat is for dinner on the side! I need to get natures raw, fresh, foods into me! Nothing processed...no pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, or dairy...at least not too much of it! Can't take it completely away, cuz again...then I crave it right?!

I'm making sure to start with the supplements again...and water intake! I've never had a problem there anyways! I love water, and it's usually my drink of choice anyways...accept lately..alcohol has been!

Alcohol is completely banned during the week...and even on weekends, unless I have something special...like a wedding, a "buck and doe", or something like that! But I'm not drinking just cuz the sun is shining and the pool is nice and cool! GOT IT!!! I can enjoy the bonfires without the booze! Then I'll get more done the next day!

For my mind I'm getting back into the evening meditation! Reading and listening to my goals, and affirmations every day, and basically just keeping a positive outlook on life! I'm ready to take control of my life...and it all begins today! So far, so good...and I'm feeling great about my decisions!

Now to check in on my 2 Amigos to be sure they're in with me on the game plan!!! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I'm so with you. I also didn't stick to plan this weekend...although it wasn't so bad I didn't eat every 2 hours like I was last week. I was so busy gardening, etc that I forgot to eat at the 2 hour marks and then was famished come lunch and dinner so I ended up eating too fast and too much and very carb heavy. I also didn't get as much water as I would have liked. I just kept going all weekend doing chores, etc.

    So today I'm full on eating every 2 hours...just had an Orange now actually. Getting my water, and exercise is whatever chores need doing at this point...staying active is key for me. Idle hands and all that stuff.

    AMIGOS are on track baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha... I am thinking us Canadian gals totally went on an unhealthy vacay this weekend. Oh well, a little stumble and back at it.

    Great plan!! Stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Moi...I didn't know you were Canadian too? Where you from? That's awesome! Amazing how long weekends can throw you off track eh?

    ReplyDelete