Friday, May 7, 2010

Point Taken

Alright ladies, this is gonna be a VERY long blog today! I've done some serious soul searching since my 2 Amigos gave me my much needed kick in the ass! I have to admit that I have let myself become enslaved by a few arch enemies lately....fear....self-doubt....denial....laziness...and the list goes on! you get the point! I don't live in a country as free as Canada to be a slave to anyone or anything!

I went to a conference in Toronto all day yesterday...it was supposesd to be about business! Funny thing is that a lot of their messages hit me in a completely different way! Sure, it applies to my business...but OMG...it also applies to my life...my level of fitness...my relationships...you name it...it applies!

I'm gonna share a few quotes that hit me hard enough I was compelled to write them down!
"Don't wait for "someday" to do something...there is no "someday" on any calendar in history!"
"The opposite of security is opportunity"
"If you don't stand for anything...you will fall for everything!"
"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places along the way."
And my personal favorite of the day was...
"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go!"

It's time to hang in there...I am a succes...and I refuse to let go!!! Spunkster and Spitz reminded me of all the many things I have succeeded at....I need to celebrate my successes a LOT more often...and not my donwnfalls! I really am a success!!! I have lost 40lbs so far on this journey. It doesn't matter that I've gained 20 back!!! I realize where I went wrong...and I intend to fix it!
I am raising 6 wonderful children (well only 3 left at home now...but the other 3 still count), while working a full-time dental job, starting a part-time business that has taken off to the point that I've quit dentistry as of June 30th this year, I do all the bookwork for my husbands contracting business (and I'm damn good at it), and we both work together to manage and operate our 5 rental properties! All while still keeping my home more organized and clean than most mothers. NO WONDER I've lost myself, burnt out, and embarked on this pathetic pity party! Just reading that over makes me tired!!!!!

I'm excited to say that I've discovered balance! My husband has decided to help more around the house, and take over a little more with the rentals! YAY!!!

I've gone down to 2 days a week at the dental office for the next 2 months while we train my permanent repalacement...that frees up the time I need to put into my business before I go full-time! Not to mention...now I can fit in exercise! With my other schedule I was trying to get up at 4:15am to fit it in there...but I got burnt out pretty quickly...and that was the start of this whole spiral thing! I started to need the sleep, so since I didn't exercise, it was an open invitation to eat shit too!!!! WRONG...on SOOOOO many levels! Regardless, it's behind me now, and I've made a new resolve!

On Monday, Tues, and Friday, I will get up at 6:00 to go for an amazing power walk/jog with my dog, and on Wed, Thurs, Iwill get up at 6:00 to go to work! Getting in 3 days of exercise a week is great to start...until I'm full-time...at which time I jog every morning to start off my day! I can handle getting up at 6...I feel human then...and I won't burn out!

My morning starts with the proper supplements, and fresh juice (bought a juicer...soooo good for you...this morning I mixed celery, spinach, pear, grapes, apple, and grapefruit...soooooo yummy). I am giving up coffee complletely. Flushing my system every day by eating only fruit until lunctime.
Lunch is consisiting of either salad with chicken or tuna, or a protein shake! Then dinner is going to be salad, with a white protein (chicken, turkey, fish)

I am doing 10 rounds of cleansing breaths 3 times a day, and getting my evening meditation and visualization in! I am beginning and ending each day by reading my affirmations, and my goals for this year so I remain focussed on them!

Alcohol is out...accept for special occasions...and I will be the judge of what is deemed special enough...not ANYBODY else!

I am working on my health...not a number on the scale...and I intend to blog at least once a week! I am going to give my body what it needs in order for it to function the most optimally possible!

This girl has big dreams, big goals, a big heart....and an even bigger spirit to win at life! I was born to do great things, and it's time I lived up to my destiny!

I guess what I'm saying is...this weekend is all about prepping and buying, and laying down the tracks...cuz on Monday...this train is leaving the station! Not to mean that this weekend I go nuts either! I do have one or two cravings I plan to get out of my system...but nothing crazy...that I can promise...especially no alcohol...I need to keep my mind focused on the dream...cuz I really am gonna finish what I started this year! I have 8 months left...and I'm gonna use every day of every month to better myself and get closer to living the life I deserve!!!!

Here we go 3 Amigos...I think we're all at a place where this is going to work! Let's continue to be there for each other and help each other along the way! You have my promise that I'm in it to win it babies!!! Love you both more than you know!
Pitbull,
xoxoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. You ROCK!!! You are amazing!!! and you are soooo going to reach your goals this year. Only one thing is lacking in your plan...what are you going to do if you have a bad day. Bad days throw you off...you definitely need a plan for tackling bad days!!! I'm trying to figure that one out myself...make a plan and when the day is bad go with that plan.

    Lisa has a great way of dealing with it...okay you had a bad moment move on now!! not tomorrow...tomorrow never comes!

    Now after that was said I LOVE YOUR PLAN!!!! I love that you recognized that you need balance...all or nothing is really a hard way to live. Family is there to help and so are we. You call or text or email if you need anything along this journey!!!

    Now enjoy your weekend and start that healthy house cleaning :)

    Three Amigos are going to kick some serious butt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha...and BTW...that's my plan for bad days! There don't have to be BAD DAYS...just bad moments! If I have a bad moment...then the next moment will be a good one! I'm not going to let a moment turn into a day...turn into a week...turn into a month EVER AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! You are in such a good place right now...it only takes that one decision to turn a negative into a positive. Buy healthy or bad...it's as simple as that...you are going to look amazing the next time I see you...not that you didn't already...honestly when I met you I thought damn I wish I could look like her...you are going to breeze through it this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG when I went to post that last comment the word I had to type to post it was "tries" how cool is that...cause that's what we are all doing...trying...trying our best that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now Pitz, I am SO proud of you. I can feel the determination in your words, they oooze success! I totally believe we will all reach our goals. We've had to get to this place ourselves, on our own...and we WILL have bad moments, but we will march on, we will pick ourselves up, stick out our chests and do what we need to do.
    I LOVE those quotes from the seminar. I think I'm going to borrow them.

    Lets do this thing.
    Love u too, babe.

    3 amigos XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete