Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Month...New Plan!!!!

I'm quite excited! I've got a new plan! I've been really torn this week because while I'm thoroughly pumped about the fact that my business is taking off like crazy, it also means that I've had to stay up later in the evenings...and...well...I know that as much as exercise is vitally important for health...SO IS SLEEP!!! I cannot get healthy, and function at my best if I'm only getting 5-6 hours of sleep every night to get up at 4:15 to do P90X! I've done a lot of soul searching this week because I've felt terrible that I didn't even work out once! I had resolved to just DO IT...and get started Monday, February 1st, alongside my special Spitz! But I already have appointments booked next week for Monday-Friday! And I know I won't be able to get up so early! So...What I've decided is that I'm going to do the Jillian Micheals workouts every day (mon-Fri), they only take a half hour, so that gives me an extra hour of sleep each night! I'm also going to start the c25k on Mon, Wed, Frid (cuz I have mon and fri off the dental office), so I don't have to get up so early! I will alternate the plyo, kenpo, and yoga on the saturdays, and sunday I will do the stretch! This way I'll be getting exercise, AND sleep! In May I will be done with the dental office, and I won't have to get up until 6am...so then I will have the time it takes to devote to the P90X program! I'm so sorry Spitz to change things up.,..but I need to be realistic about my goal...otherwise I'm setting myself up for failure...and that leads to giving up! I think doing the c25k will get me ready for our 5k run too...and from what I've heard...Jillian beats you up in her video too!!!! Like I said...May 1st I will take on P90X to tighten everything up...cuz by then...I should be 30lbs lighter...with only 5 left to go!!!!! So that's it...that's the gameplan for now!!! I definately think it's manageable with my hectic schedule!!! Time shall tell!!!

7 comments:

  1. I think that's an excellent plan. Know your limitations (which for you is time). Making a plan that works for you is the best thing you can do. I only got in I think 2 workouts this week? Something like that. I haven't done anything since Thursday...we've been so busy all weekend. I was also thinking of modifying things so I can concentrate on weight loss rather than tightening right now. Jillian rocks!!!! 20 minutes and she has you sweating like a pig in less than 5!!!! The trick is no breaks. You're going to rock at this new plan. And honestly sleep is the most important thing in weight loss...well diet, exercise and sleep...but if you lack sleep the other stuff doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Spunkster!!! I guess I won't be doing any P90X!! I didn't realise that this 30 day shred is for 30 consecutive days!! LOL!!! So...I guess it's just me and Jillian in the mornings! And I'm going to do the c25k on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings! I'm excited to know I've come up with a plan to still keep up with working out! Watch out now chicky...I'm gonnna take some money from you in 30 short days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillians workouts are MURDER but they don't suck 75-90 minutes out of your day. I honestly think the amount of time required to complete p90x is WAY HARDER than the program itself. Your plan SOUNDS AWESOME!! Can't wait to see your results! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...I love P90X but finding the time for me is hard to begin with...I'm sticking with it but man it's tough.

    As for taking money from me...ummm please don't LOL...I'm not part of the blog comp...I was too late to join it...so if you took money from me it would mean something like mugging me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pitz. One thing that I've learned over the past few weeks it that it's all about balance. If you lack it in one area, you're going to fall on your face...kinda like me and some of the Yoga X moves, LOL. You have done the soul searching, and you have come up with a viable, workable game plan that is aimed at you succeeding. I think that's awesome! You're not giving up. You're not making excuses. Just make sure that your eating 90 % perfect, and I KNOW you'll lose weight. Sleep IS crucial. It's when your body repairs and without it, your cortisol levels stay elevated, which make you gain weight. So, I say YAY for you! This journey is YOURS. YOU have to do what's right for you. P90X will wait. Doing Jillian may be the exact ticket for you now...it will keep you active, and on the path. I'm cheering for you...you've GOT THIS THING! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oopsy...sorry Spunky...nope...I won't mug you!!! I may jump ya and demand a giant bear hug when I finally get to meet ya...but take your money....NEVER!!! LOL

    And thanks for understanding Spitz!!! You are the best partner I've ever had in this journey of mine! I just hope that 30 minutes a day is enough to get results! I know I need to crack down on my eating more...for me...that will be the key!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like Jillians videos, remember that your day is 24hrs of calorie burning and your 20 min calorie burn can help the rest of those 24hrs and tone your muscles!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete