Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Advil Anyone?

Ok...so is it possible that I may have been a little overzealous with my latest undertaking of the P90X program? I am so sore that it hurts to sit and pee!! That may sound funny, but damn...I can hardly move! I had to take 1600mg of ibuprofin...and I'm STILL aching all over! I did the one hour workout this morning on the shoulders and arms...but I could only do about 1/5th of the abripperX! My stomach and back seriously just "gave out"! I've never had that happen before! I'd feel guilty about not doing it...but I DID try! Sheesh....I'm a little stressed about how yogaX is gonna feel tomorrow if I'm this sore today! I don't remember it hurting this much the first time around! I just want results soooooo badly that I just MAY be overdoing it a little bit! Mamma needs a new wardrobe...I gotta win me some money from this competition! Any ideas other than meds for my incredibly achy, achy body? I actually feel bruised all over...it's weird! Even my boobs hurt doing the jogging on the spot and jumping jacks for the warm up!!! Goodness gracious.,..what have I done?!

5 comments:

  1. I've had days with the trainer that literally murdered every muscle in my body. I think that ibupfrofen is a great idea. As for p90x. I know you can do it... but it is tricky to find a balance. Just remember this too shall pass. Plyo is hard core... but I STILL HATE YOGA!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. about the only thing I could suggest besides the ibu is stretch stretch stretch! its tempting to hold still on a sore day, but keep moving, dont go crazy, but walk and stretch and it'll help loosen those muscles up. i havent done p90x, but have worked with trainers that have made me hurt that bad, and it does get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's hurts to move but the more you move the looser the muscles get. When I'm sore the more I sit the harder it is to get up! It makes you not want to move even when it's the best thing for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good idea. You go to your conference and rest up...and we'll hit it on Monday together...balanced like...this time, for both of us. K. Love you! Thanks for all your support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WATER!!! your muscles can not repair themselves without water. also protein... are you consuming protein with in 15 mins of you workout? your muscles can not repair themselves without protein so get them both in. also, i would recoment a hot bath, ice packs and a good massage therapit... (like me!)

    ReplyDelete