Thursday, January 28, 2010

No More Lip Service Please

I've been doing a lot of soul searching this week! It's getting scary how deep I'm looking into myself really. I've discovered that I love to give lip service! That means that I get all excited about my goals (not just weight related), and I can certainly talk the hype to EVERYONE I know...but I've never delivered! No wonder people don't believe that I'm going to reach my goal of 140lbs during this competition! I've made that promise to them and myself so many times in the last 9 years! It's time to shut up, and just do it! Stop talking about it...and...well...just get the job done! I turn 40 this year, and I do believe it's now or never! I don't want to let myself and others down AGAIN!!!! I just can't! Every time I let myself down, it makes it that much harder to complete it the next time! I'm taking this one week at a time...and no more talking about it to my friends and family...so you guys on this blog will have to suffer! I need to get it out somewhere...and this competition will be my outlet! That being said...February 1st starts a brand new month! I've wasted January away...and I don't intend to waste another month away. I'm hoping to lose 2-3lbs every week! I also intend to complete the P90X program this time! I only have 11 weeks left before I go away to Punta Cana...and I really NEED to look great in that orange bikini...so...no more talking....it's time to actually get this thing started!!!!

9 comments:

  1. that's what we are here for so you can vent! Vent away girl! You CAN Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same diarreah of the mouth syndrom. I can talk a good game. It sounds like I know what I need to do... but it's a matter of doing it. I still to this day have a hard time pulling myself out of bed to work out, but you've now inspired me to JUST DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know I'm not the only one Samantha!!! WELL...Now I'll be watching you chicky! Put your money where your mouth is kiddo!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl.. just want you to know that I ABSOLUTELY BELIEVE you can do it! The key of course is to STOP TRYING AND DO IT!! In your case... your title totally fits! No more lip service! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! I do the exact same thing. The last time I told my brother I was trying to lose weight he just rolled his eyes (don't get me wrong he's supportive but you can tell he doesn't believe me) and looked at his girlfriend as if to say here we go again. Time for me to shut up and get it done already!!! We'll show them :)

    I KNOW you can do this!!!

    Spunky :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You betcha miss Spunky!!!! Love the new name! You certainly will live up to it I'm sure!!! We'll do it...for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sugarlips. I used to do that same exact thing. I talk a good game too. But it wasn't until I finally got serious, really serious that I made it happen. You have the power inside you. You are one strong, dedicated woman...it's time to dedicate yourself to this healthy journey, and I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that you WILL succeed. You've got it inside you, time to pull it out, show the world what Miss Thang has, and bring it.
    In it 2 win it baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you guys....more than you can possibly know!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete